Alankit Healthcare TPA, a member company of the Alankit group, was established in the year 2003. It has a network of about 4000 empanelled hospitals and PAN India presence.
It aims to bring down the turnaround time for claims settlement below the current industry standards. It is one of the fastest growing TPAs and provides services related to enrolment, claims processing of both cashless and reimbursement to the insured. It is the first TPA to handle the RSBY project. Alankit TPA is licensed under Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority and has been issued the ISO 9001:2000 quality certification.
Know Your Customer Documents
Through the Know Your Customer (KYC) documents, the policyholder’s and/or the patient’s identity is established. The KYC documents include:
- PAN card or any government ID proof
- Aadhaar card
- Alankit TPA card or insurance certificate
- Policyholder’s cancelled cheque
Generate your Alankit TPA E-card here.
Hospitalization & Treatment Documents
The original documents such as package breakup, receipts, hospital bill and its breakup, discharge summary, etc. that you receive from the hospital need to be submitted along with your claim. Consider these few things before submitting your claim:
- The hospital will give you a consolidated bill of all the expenses incurred. Make sure that you ask for a breakup of the bill.
- If the hospital bill includes a surgery package, request for a breakup of the package on the hospital’s letterhead or with the hospital seal on it.
- Ask for all the payment receipts and then match them with the total bill amount. The originals of these bills need to be included in the claim.
- For pre and/or post-hospitalization expenses claims, a photocopy of the discharge summary and the pharmacy, consultation and lab bills in original need to be submitted. Also, the bills need to be supported by the doctor’s prescriptions in original. Otherwise, Alankit TPA may not pay you. And don’t forget to check the eligibility for the duration of pre and post-hospitalization.
The TPA may not accept reports on plain paper with stamp of the hospital or the lab. The reports have to be in original printed on the official letterhead of the hospital and the lab.
If you don’t possess all the needed documents, write a cover note including a date-wise list of the missing reports and submit this letter along with your claim. In the meantime, try to get the missing reports. So, when Alankit TPA raises a query and asks you to submit the missing reports, you have them ready with you.
However, if you fail to provide the missing reports, the TPA will deduct that amount from the total claim amount.
Accident Details, if Applicable
In case of accident claims, submitting a medico-legal Certificate (MLC) issued by the hospital is mandatory. If an FIR is lodged, a copy of that is also needed. In case of self-injury, Alankit TPA may need a signed letter explaining the details of the injury along with the claim.