MedSave Health Insurance TPA Limited is a leading TPA company, licensed by the IRDAI in 2002. It is an ISO 9001-2015 compliant company, committed to providing quality and secure services in health insurance. They provide 24*7 easy access to services across India.
Know Your Customer (KYC) documents are required to establish and verify the identity of the patient and the insurance policy holder. These documents typically include:
- Aadhaar card copy of the patient
- A copy of PAN card of the primary policyholder (If PAN card is not available, any other valid proof may be submitted)
- MedSave health card or the policy certificate
- A cancelled cheque (original) primary policyholder’s bank account
All the hospitalization documents have to be original and on the hospital’s letterhead. The hospitalization documents may include discharge summary, the breakup of the complete package, hospital bills, payment receipts, breakup of the bill, etc.
Consider these things while collecting the documents from the hospital:
- Hospital bills are usually just a summary of all the expenses. So, make sure you request the hospital to give you the medical bill breakup.
- Also request for the surgery package breakup on the hospital’s letterhead if the surgery expense was added to the bill.
- Get all payment receipts from the hospital and ensure that the total receipt amount is equal to the amount in the bill.
- For pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization claims, the discharge summary is good enough for the claim process. You don’t need not ask for hospital bill breakups.
- Attach the original bills including consultation, pharmacy, or lab along with your MedSave Health claim form.
Ensure that you check your eligibility for pre and post hospitalization duration. This will be specified in your policy document. Don’t forget to attach the doctor’s original prescriptions that serve as proof of pre and post-hospitalization. If these documents aren’t in your claim file, MedSave will not reimburse that amount.
Check the lab investigations costs the hospital has billed you for and reconcile them with your reports. Get all the reports in the original. Reports on plain paper with the hospital’s seal may not be accepted by MedSave Health Insurance. If you don’t have the reports, include a cover note stating the date-wise list of reports you will not be submitting.
If any of the reports are missing, MedSave may raise a query asking you to submit the report or it may deduct the investigation/lab report amount bill from the claim requested.
In pre and post-hospitalization cases, attach the doctor’s prescription on the lab requisition slip or the letterhead to support your lab reports.
Accident Details, if Applicable
In case of accidents, a Medico-legal certificate (MLC) from the hospital is a must. If the accident was reported to the police, submit the FIR copy.
If the accident was due to self-injury such as injury while playing or self-fall, write a letter explaining the accident in detail. Get the letter signed by the patient before submitting.