Safeway Insurance TPA Pvt. Ltd. was licensed by IRDA in July 2005. The company has a fully-equipped IT infrastructure and a fully qualified, professional team of doctors and seasoned insurance professionals for running operations and handling medical claims.
Safeway has tie-ups with more than 5,500 hospitals across the country for providing cashless facilities. The company also has fully-featured software for generating customized MIS reports required by IRDA, TAC, IIB and insurance organizations.
Know Your Customer (KYC) documents verify the identity of the policyholder and the patient. They may include the following:
- Policyholder’s PAN card (or any government-issued ID proof)
- Patient’s Aadhaar card
- Safeway TPAcard or the policy certificate
- An original cancelled cheque of the policyholder
Generate your Safeway TPA E-card here.
You’ll receive documents such as receipts, package breakup, discharge summary, hospital bill and its breakup, etc. from the hospital. These documents have to be submitted in original along with your claim form. Consider these few things while preparing your claim:
- The hospital bill is typically a summary of all the expenses incurred. So, you may have to ask for a breakup of the hospital bill.
- If the hospital bill includes a surgery package, get the breakup of the package printed on the hospital’s letterhead or on a plain paper with the hospital seal on it.
- Ask for all the payment receipts and then tally them with the total hospital bill. Include these bills in original in your claim.
- In case of pre and/or post-hospitalization claims, you need to submit a photocopy of the discharge summary. The hospital bill or the bill breakup may not be needed. Also, check if you are eligible for the duration as specified in the policy. All the pharmacy, lab and consultation bills (all in original) supported with the doctor’s prescriptionsshould be included in the claim. Otherwise, Safeway TPA may not pay you for those expenses.
You’ll need to submit the original reports to Safeway TPA. Reports on plain paper stamped by the lab or the hospital may not be accepted by Safeway Insurance TPA.
If you have not received all the reports, you can still submit the claim with a cover note that includes a date-wise list of missing reports. Once Safeway TPA receives the claim, it will then raise a query asking you to submit the missing reports. You will then have enough time to procure the reports and add them to the claim.
If you are unable to provide the TPA with the missing reports, those expense amounts would be deducted from your total claim amount. For claiming pre and post hospitalization expenses, your investigation reports, bills, etc. have to be backed by the doctor’s prescriptions on the official letterhead.
Accident Details, if Applicable
For accident-related claims, medico-legal Certificate (MLC) from the hospital is a mandatory document.
If the case has been reported to the police, the FIR copy is needed.
In cases of self-injury, a letter explaining the details needs to be submitted along with the claim.